Thursday, February 19, 2009

Crazy Lamhe!

Have you ever caught yourself looking blankly somewhere and giggling? Well, couple of days back, I felt like going through my photo collection of family, friends at school, college, hostel.... :). It was undoubtedly an exulting experience! Several incidences flashed through my mind. One could find me sitting alone and laughing like a kid! I wished to go back to my good old days. (Not that currently I am not Happy but those days were mesmerizing!). Our contagious laughing session without any great reason, targeting a person in group and yes, at times some sensible, emotional and futuristic talks ... all .. all … came with the speed of a lightening! Here are few funny excerpts of my life -

My roomie in hostel and a very dear friend of mine, Rimi (or Chatter, as I call her) was about to leave for Calcutta next day. We had a fixed auto-wala (since it was kind of difficult to get an auto nearby) who, when requested would come on time and drop us. So, my dear 'Chatter' called him up and what followed next, is still one of the most favorite laughing stock! This is how dear chatter chatted -
Rimi : Aap raat ko aate ho kya?
*Auto-wala : Haan, madam.
Rimi : Kitne baje aaoge?
*Auto-wala : Jab aap bulaoge.
Rimi : Ok 8.30. Lekin, kitna loge?
The moment Rimi hung up, she was shocked to see us burst out laughing.
* I was not able to hear the other end (If u still have not understood the joke, just peruse only Rimi's lines).
Then we had to mock the entire conversation to exhume reason of our belly laugh! Poor Chatter!! :)

During summers, at my grandmother's abode, we used to sleep on terrace. Once such usual summer day, when we were decending from terrace we froze to see one of my cousins, Poonam, vomiting incessantly. We were all worried about her, but when we came to know cause of her illness, we all had an endless guffaw session! Earlier that night Poonam was thirsty, to quench it, she went downstairs, opened fridge and drank something she mistook for H2O! The she returned upstairs and dozed off again heedless of what she has drunk. Later, in the morning when aunty opened her fridge she was perplexed to see her Vinegar bottle half empty! Ooops … He He. Now, everyone knew why ‘Poo’ puked! :):)

I have a brother, Gaurav, who is very fussy about his hair! He happened to request my elder sister Alpi (her real name is Alpa) to massage his hair. She agreed happily and did it! After everything done, she just picked up the oil bottle and started looking in askance. I noticed her and in few moments my eyes were wide open. She had applied him body oil (to be precise, oil used by arthritis patients) instead of hair oil. We passed smiles to each other, trying to control our laughs. Just then everybody in the room noticed us and smelled that something was fishy. So, I just told them what had happened ….. the next instant, Gaurav's consternation could be imagined. But soon we all started giggling and teasing Gaurav.

These are just few of the cherished moments of my life. All I feel like saying right now is “Memories Don't set You Free, Without them You can't be!” One always wishes to go back to past and re-experience euphoria! Unfortunately, it is not possible for anyone. But one can remember and re-enjoy the same. Do share in your memorable incidences and let me enjoy too.

9 comments:

  1. LOL !

    The Rimi-Auto driver incident was hilarious! One of the many stupid incidents that i would always remember in future is that whenever we see a movie at home or see TV serials , all the room mates make it a point to watch it and pass comments on it; After sometime we have more dialogues to tell than the movie/seriel! And those comments throws us in fits of laughter ! It is more of a asinine lamhe than a crazy lamhe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't help laughing myself! good flow of words...good narration....and yes nostalgia is to be enjoyed and smiled at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Radhika : Yes I have been victim of ur dialouge sessions on several occasions but it was really an altoghether different kind of fun when I actively participated in it!! :)

    @ The Pack : Thanks a lot! Good... now I know I can pen down funny things as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing those. Your story took me to my flashback as well. I have gone through a lot of such incidents. Surely I will write about them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wat is called as ''EMOTIONAL...ATYACHAR''...bcozu cannot get back those moments...but they have significance and make our life meaningful..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha.. can't stop laughing. I recalled a similar incident involving dipti daddu and me. mast tha. just ask gaurav has the oil helped in anyway to control hairfall? (if he had discoverd it by mistake)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mohan : Thanks :). waiting for ur new post:).

    @Surendra : Yes thts really sad v cant get back to get those lovely times :(.

    @Dhaval : Thanks soo much! No, I dont think tht the controlled his hairfall since he still cribs bout it :). When r u planning to start ur blog? me eagerly waiting for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thx for the chatter story :D now i can tease her. bwahahaha

    ReplyDelete