Sunday, February 15, 2009

Trust....whom??

A SCEPTIC, I may sound but this is what i feel these days ... Trust ... whom??

A friend of mine, lost her wallet and cell phone in train a few days back. God knows, what made her stuff her wallet and mobile phone in her traveling bag and go to wash room. When she was back, unexpectedly both were missing! She was accompanied by a decent looking family in the same compartment. She obviously shot questions at them trying to find the culprit. Now, the most unexpected thing happened, none of the family members knew about it. This apparently seem to be a BAD LIE since the thief cannot be smart enough to open up the bag, shove hands into it, take out right thing just from right place and just shoo off within a span of not more than 5 minutes! To the top of it,co-incidentally, all the 4-5 members of the family go blind during the same duration! I might offending some, but it is a truth, I actually feel that way! I do not believe a word those people might have told my friend.

This is just one incidence, I have witnessed several such. Another friend of mine lost his mobile from our office's cafeteria. At work places like mine with so much of security and cameras, and things still getting stolen and thief left uncaught... I just cannot digest all this!

Yet another friend of mine (By now, you might be thinking that my friends are very very irresponsible!! Trust me.... oops am I actually asking this? ... they are not!) lost her cell phone again in multiplex while having snacks. Within 2 minutes, she realized that she forgot her phone and most predictable part of my story...yes, it was lost!!

What flummoxed me, in all the places and situations i mentioned, all the so called white-collared people, who are supposedly from well-to-do(if not best) families are present in large numbers. I know people with not so sound backgrounds are also present there, I DO NOT intent to say that they STEAL! But are considered as the vulnerable ones. I have no complains with them, but I indeed suspect others. There have been innumerable cases of shop lifting as well in shopping malls and who gets caught?? Youths from so called good financial backgrounds! This is a day-to-day scene now. What is wrong with the social decorum? I absolutely fail to understand! I do not wish for such surprises anymore but yes, I am aware now what actually that old adage "Truth is always bitter" mean.

Well, hope, by now you know why do I feel like saying TRUST WHOM?? Please rack up your ideas and feel free to express those in here.

7 comments:

  1. Trust whom was the first thing on my mind when i had lost that mobile...but an even bigger question is how salaried ppl choose to commit such crimes...probably its a baseless question when u cant even trust ur CEO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lost two of my cells in theft and i can tell you that the appearance of people or the way they behave or their financial status has nothing to do with their kleptomaniac behavior ! Such incidents have made me check my things twice before coming back home from a mall or restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Question indeed.

    In this mean world, i wud say TRUST nobody.TRUST yourself.I wud like to consider the example of the girl who lost her wallet and cell in the train.I feel its completely her mistake and no one shud be blamed for such a blunder.When u are travelling in a train yor dont know ne body and so u shudnt Trust nebody, who are they to take care or take responsibility of ur belongings??That Girl shud have been extremely careful abt her valuables.We tend to meet different kinds of ppl in the train..Many a times, if such incident occures, if u are lucky enough (and ppl sitting beside u are trustworhty) u may be able to get ur things back or who knows they themselves wud be taking care of ur belongings.
    But this race of humankind is on the verge of extinction now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sainik : Thanks for pouring in ur thoughts! Yes, its indeed tough to sink in the fact of salaried ppl getting involved in such crimes.I can feel how hurt u r after entire Satyam fiasco :).

    @ Radhika : Good ur stolen cells have atlerted u! :). Its always good to check ur belongings before leaving a place.

    @ Urwashi : Aaahaa! For ppl who read this comment... Urwashi was the person who lost her ph and wallet in train. Dont get angry over urself soooo much dear. yes it was ur mistake, but thts OK. Yes, one must be exteremly careful of ones belongings:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me bring to front the other side of the coin.The race of people who can be trusted may be on the verge of extinction but it is definitely not already extinct.

    Bored of the same taste of coffee from the coffee m/c on our floors we all visit the tea-stall near our office in the evening everyday.The tea-stall wala has a good number of customers like us who oblige him everyday.So while the tea-stall wala makes tea for us,we all sit in the campus of our office surrounded by a lot of people including our white collared colleagues and the black collared security guys.To add to the list of Shilpa's irresponsible friends(;-)),I forgot my wallet at the place where we usually sit while having tea a few days ago.Completely ignorant about this fact,we moved inside and while in the lift i realized that my wallet was amiss.Completely baffled by this me and my friends went back to the place where i had left it..and from our past experiences were sure that we won't find it there.But to our relief,one of the guys from neighbouring building who came across my wallet had handed it over to the security guy..who handed it over to me.So there definitely is some light at the end of the tunnel and the race of people who can be trusted is not completely extinct.And it contains people from all speheres of life be it the corporate guys or the not so well earning guys.Hope this race continues to steer people like us out of trouble..and help us look upto the entire human race with renewed faith in humanity!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah..the idea that white collared workers wont steal is mere fiction..i have heard countless stories of things like coffee mugs..personal airplane models..or some artifacts getting stolen...i am myself a victim of a stolen laptop..but that was a full scale heist which happened in office!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Dipti: I accede...there is a flip side to this coin and m one of ur friends who witnesses this too :). But my only concern was the accruing instances of thefts by white collared ppl. Yes, trustworthy ppl are NOT YET extinct ... You and me are still alive dear!! ;). Ur point is undoubtedly VALID! Thanks for dropping in ur comment.

    @ Mathew : Ohh..its sad u lost ur laptop. I have even heard ppl stealing glasses in which they are being served during flights...All this is so ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete